[OpenAFS] "Integrated Login Failed" under Windows 2000

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:57:20 -0700

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 09:51:58AM -0500, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> You can't start the service from a non-administrator account
> with the 1.2.xx builds.  This was fixed in the 1.3.50 and higher builds.

well. I think you can but NOT from the gui. Using command line

net start "IBM AFS Client"

works for me.. since we do it all the time when afs becomes to
finicky.  But we're still at 1.2.8 and 1.2.10 versions.

> Do the following.  Install the 1.3.60 build that was announced
> yesterday and append the service "TransarcAFSDaemon" to the
> list specified in the registry value:
>
>    Key:  HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkProvider\Order
>    Value:  ProviderOrder

This is really good news.  Sorry to be slow on the uptake but where is
the 1.3.60 build for windows found?  I didn't see it in the download
section on the web page last I checked..

--
David Bear
phone: 	480-965-8257