[OpenAFS] "Integrated Login Failed" under Windows 2000

Jeffrey Altman jaltman@columbia.edu
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:10:29 -0500

--------------030701060105040301050803

David Bear wrote:

>On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 09:51:58AM -0500, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>
>>You can't start the service from a non-administrator account
>>with the 1.2.xx builds.  This was fixed in the 1.3.50 and higher builds.
>>

>well. I think you can but NOT from the gui. Using command line
>
>net start "IBM AFS Client"
>
>works for me.. since we do it all the time when afs becomes to
>finicky.  But we're still at 1.2.8 and 1.2.10 versions.

yes, this will work assuming the users have the
necessary bits.

>>Do the following.  Install the 1.3.60 build that was announced
>>yesterday and append the service "TransarcAFSDaemon" to the
>>list specified in the registry value:
>>
>>   Key:  HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkProvider\Order
>>   Value:  ProviderOrder
>>

>This is really good news.  Sorry to be slow on the uptake but where is
>the 1.3.60 build for windows found?  I didn't see it in the download
>section on the web page last I checked..

Please subscribe to openafs-announce if you do not already.

Or read the home page of http://www.openafs.org and follow
the links to either the announcement

  http://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-announce/2004/000071.html

or the release

  http://www.openafs.org/release/openafs-1.3.60.html

or latest release

  http://www.openafs.org/release/latest.html

or latest unstable

  http://www.openafs.org/release/latest-unstable.html

Jeffrey Altman

--------------030701060105040301050803

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
  <pre wrap=""><font face="Bitstream Cyberbit">On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 09:51:58AM -0500, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
    <pre wrap=""><font face="Bitstream Cyberbit">You can't start the service from a non-administrator account
with the 1.2.xx builds.  This was fixed in the 1.3.50 and higher builds.
  <pre wrap=""><!----><font face="Bitstream Cyberbit">
well. I think you can but NOT from the gui. Using command line

net start "IBM AFS Client"

works for me.. since we do it all the time when afs becomes to
finicky.  But we're still at 1.2.8 and 1.2.10 versions.
yes, this will work assuming the users have the <br>
necessary bits.<br>
    <pre wrap=""><font face="Bitstream Cyberbit">Do the following.  Install the 1.3.60 build that was announced
yesterday and append the service "TransarcAFSDaemon" to the
list specified in the registry value:

   Key:  HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkProvider\Order
   Value:  ProviderOrder
  <pre wrap=""><!----><font face="Bitstream Cyberbit">
This is really good news.  Sorry to be slow on the uptake but where is
the 1.3.60 build for windows found?  I didn't see it in the download
section on the web page last I checked..
Please subscribe to openafs-announce if you do not already.<br>
the links to either the announcement <br>
&nbsp; <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-announce/2004/000071.html">http://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-announce/2004/000071.html</a><br>
or the release<br>
&nbsp; <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.openafs.org/release/openafs-1.3.60.html">http://www.openafs.org/release/openafs-1.3.60.html</a><br>
or latest release <br>