[OpenAFS] [Q] Sudden stop during volume creation..

NeXT chunsj@embian.com
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:48:50 +0900

On 2004-03-25 16:24:53 +0900 Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, NeXT wrote:
>
>> Yes, right, the log says nothing on that. We are very afraid of the
>> AFS server's stability.
>
> The flipside is people aren't falling over themselves reporting this
> problem; it could be your OS, for instance.

Yes, right, but if it does not work my OS, it is of no use at least
for me :-)
Strangely enough, some kernel version does not emit this, and even with
same kernel, some machine emits these errors, others not. The
difference is
one receives 15,000 requests per unit time, and other 30,000.

> However...
> Are you running the volserver out of threads?

Probably. I'm using Linux version in OpenAFS site.

> rxdebug on the volserver port should show you waitprocs, if there are
> any.

OK, I'll try this.  think strace will show more helpful information on
the situation :-)