[OpenAFS] Strange Windows Installer Issue

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 01:18:44 -0600

On Friday, March 26, 2004 1:03a <shadow@dementia.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Christopher D. Clausen wrote:
>
>> The exact same things occurs when one attempts to install the windows
>> AFS server using the new installer.  I install everything and then
>> have to change the cell of my machine from openafs.org.  I used the
>> included CellServDB.  If I re-run the installer and don't select the
>> AFS Server I can then input a cell name.
>
> Doctor, when I turn my head and cough, it hurts.
>
> So don't do that.

Yes, I see.

I thought I would save myself some time and install both the client and
server at the same time and then configure the server after the client
is working.  I now know not to do that, especially since the server
apparently doesn't work all that well on Windows.

<<CDC
Christopher D. Clausen
ACM@UIUC SysAdmin