[OpenAFS] Strange Windows Installer Issue

Rob Murawski rsm4@ieee.org
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 19:52:39 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Christopher D. Clausen wrote:

> The exact same things occurs when one attempts to install the windows
> AFS server using the new installer.  I install everything and then have
> to change the cell of my machine from openafs.org.  I used the included
> CellServDB.  If I re-run the installer and don't select the AFS Server I
> can then input a cell name.

This is by-design.  When you install the "AFS Server" the cell may not
exist yet--it is configured when the server configuration tool runs on the
next reboot.  (The cell name doesn't matter at that point)

If a non-existent cell is set, the client will crash on startup.  In this
case, the client can start and the AFS server can be configured.

Simply set your cell when you configure the server in the server
configuration tool.  All will be well.

-Rob