[OpenAFS] 'no space left on device' while importing

Matthew Turk mturk@astro.psu.edu
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 10:20:16 -0500 (EST)

> My guess is that your AFS client's cache is filling up the disk on which
> it is located.  Ideally, you should put the cache in its own partition,
> but in any case you need to make sure the size specified in the
> cacheinfo file (/usr/vice/etc) is small enough that it can be held in
> the disk on which /usr/vice/cache exists.  Try these two commands:
>
> % cat /usr/vice/etc/cacheinfo
> /afs:/usr/vice/cache:100000
> % df -k /usr/vice/cache
> Filesystem           1k-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
> /dev/hdc3             18492060   3473932  14078776  20% /
>
> The size in cacheinfo is in KB, so in my example I need 100MB free in /.
>   What are your numbers?

# cat /usr/vice/cache
/afs:/usr/vice/cache:3575203
# df -k /usr/vice/cache
/dev/hda7              3763372   3572204         0 100% /usr/vice/cache

But, df -h reports:

/dev/hda7             3.6G  3.5G     0 100% /usr/vice/cache

Maybe this is too big?  Should I just start my cache over?

mjt