[OpenAFS] Optimizing AFS for low bandwidth connections

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 5 May 2004 00:48:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 5 May 2004, Aaron Stanley wrote:

> It seems like the client is ranking the slowest server as the lowest VLDB
> server, which appears to be wrong according to the algorithm it should use
> to choose which server is ranked lowest.  What is the best way for me to

The algorithm it "should" use is subjective. The one it does use makes
guesses based on (sadly) classful IP address ranges.

However, fs {get,set}serverpref will let you override these choices.