[OpenAFS] Switch containers between two fileservers

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Sun, 09 May 2004 09:46:21 -0400

I dont think I understand what you mean.

Do you want to move the AFS files from fileserver 1 onto fileserver 2,
and vice-versa?  If so, then you just need to "vos move" all the RW
volumes back and forth to get them on the right servers, and then you
can 'vos addsite', 'vos remsite', 'vos release', 'vos zap' to "move"
the read-only volumes.  Just swapping disk arrays between the servers
wont work right -- your VLDB would get out of sync.

-derek