[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] 2.6 kernel support anytime soon? Workarounds?

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Tue, 11 May 2004 22:22:37 +0200

On Tuesday, May 11, 2004, at 10:00  PM, Matthew Miller wrote:

>> If you'd rather have a PAG mechanism that doesn't depend on storing
>> data in
>> the supplementary groups list, join the club.  Convince your OS
>> vendor(s)
>> to adopt a mechanism that provides what we need.
>
> This is indeed the "club" I'm in. It's a broken mechanism and
> shouldn't be
> used.

Ok, then fix it!! :-)

Jeffrey was right ... have you ever run a piece of software on more
than 15 OSes in kernel space and still have a "right" mechanism in your
terms of _right_??
I don't think so ...

Horst