[OpenAFS] Many partitions: How?

Tino Schwarze openafs-info.lists@tisc.de
Thu, 13 May 2004 17:10:39 +0200

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 05:04:49PM +0200, Sensei wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 16:55, Tino Schwarze wrote:
> > Just make /vicepb available (you probably need to restart the fileserver
> > and or vlserver, but I'm not sure), then "vos addsite" a replica on the
> > new partition.
>
> My dubt was about how to do so.
>
> I know how to create a single-partition afs cell, but I don't know the
> commands I have to issue for making partitions available to the afs
> filespace.

You actually don't make the partitions available to AFS filespace, you
just move volumes to them. The partition is just a place to store
volumes on (like a volume is just a place to store files in). Look at
the output of "vos help addsite" and "vos help create" - there's a
partition to be specified. Simply specify "b" instead of "a" and the
volume goes to the second partition on the file server.

HTH! Tino.