[OpenAFS] MailDir & Coda/AFS was: Practical no. of files per dir was: [OpenAFS] Max number of files in volume?

Mike Fedyk mfedyk@matchmail.com
Mon, 17 May 2004 10:48:46 -0700

Hi Ben,

[Please keep this on the list.]

Benjamin P Myers wrote:
> I've been looking into postfix over afs, but since it uses hard links for
> maildir inboxes it won't work.  what are you using?
> -Ben

I remember seeing a thread on the coda lists (which has the same hard
linking between directories problem) that had a mail server working on
coda that used procmail as the MDA, and that used the rename() call
instead of hard linking the files so it worked without modifications.

BTW, why can't AFS allow hard links within a single volume?  Doesn't the
client know where separate volumes are mounted in the /afs tree?

Mike