[OpenAFS] openafs linux file server -- best underlying filesystem type

Dan Pritts danno@internet2.edu
Mon, 17 May 2004 16:59:14 -0400

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 01:53:45PM -0400, Kenneth J Baker wrote:
> I was wondering if people had any opinions on the best underlying
> filesystem to put behind openafs server paritions on linux?  Speed,
> reliability etc?  Currently I am using ext3.

This is a religious question, of course.

If you search through the list archives someone posted some benchmarks
a while back of Solaris sparc, solaris x86, and linux, and various
file systems on each (including the solaris "old-style" fileserver).

he used the same x86 hardware for solaris & linux.

danno
--
dan pritts                                       danno@internet2.edu
systems administrator                            734/352-4953 office