[OpenAFS] GUI Tools

David Miller D.P.Miller@lse.ac.uk
Thu, 20 May 2004 17:15:56 +0100

I've also had a bit of a look into a GUI for openafs.
the Java API looked promising, but requires a kaserver cell.
so doesnt work with kerberos setups

the perl AFS module also looked good.
http://www.mpa-garching.mpg.de/~nog/doc/afsperl.html
but currently segfaults with a multi-threaded perl, which most linux
distributions now package.
http://www.mpa-garching.mpg.de/kwiki/nog/afsperl/index.cgi?ProductionVersion

I had a look at the openafs libs for coding something in C.
but couldnt find any decent docs or examples, and I didnt have the time
to learn the API without a point in the right direction. using the
openafs libs directly would be my prefered way, with a cross platform
GUI toolkit. If anyone can suggest a decent place to start looking into
this, please do so.

So currently I'm using perl and AFS::Command (in CPAN), which is a perl
OO wrapper to the commmand line tools...along with perl-gtk
which is far from great.