[OpenAFS] Out of date entries in /afs directory

Wheeler, JF (Jonathan) J.F.Wheeler@rl.ac.uk
Tue, 25 May 2004 16:21:23 +0100

Having inherited a rather neglected Transarc AFS system, I have a number of
out-of-date entries in the /afs directory.  For example, there is:

/afs/afs1.scri.fsu.edu

Note that there is no entry for this site the CellServDB any more.  Is there
any point in trying to remove such entries ?  If so, will a command like:

cd /afs
fs rm -d afs1.scri.fsu.edu

a) be successful and b) not require issuing "vos release root.afs ?  The
second point is important because I have found that the "vos release
root.afs" command causes temporary loss of access to AFS on the client
systems that are using it.

Jonathan Wheeler
e-Science Centre
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory