[OpenAFS] Problem setting up AFS server (isolated network) -

M Singh msingh@myrealbox.com
Tue, 25 May 2004 12:50:11 -0400

Hi

Derrick J Brashear wrote:

>>>Dumb question: are you running kaserver in noauth mode when you do this?
>>>I'm otherwise at a loss at the moment, but I need sleep.
>>>

>>Yes, I am running it in the noauth mode.
>>
>>kas -cell HOMENETWORK.EDU -noauth
>>

>"kaserver" is not "kas"

Oops, sorry. I guess I was feeling a little sleepy then.

Yes, I created kaserver under the noauth mode :

bos create sggs.homenetwork.edu kaserver simple /usr/afs/bin/kaserver
-cell HOMENETWORK.EDU -noauth

"Issue the *bos create* command to start the Authentication Server. The
current working directory is still */usr/afs/bin*.

   # *./bos create* <machine name> *kaserver simple
/usr/afs/bin/kaserver*  \
*                  -cell* <cell name>  *-noauth* "

According to QuickStartUnix/auqbg005.htm#HDRWQ50.

I also started bosserver with the -noauth option.