[OpenAFS] Problems with latest openafs-client for windows (1.3.6400)

Janek Richter janek@bsd-daemon.org
26 May 2004 13:17:57 -0000

Hello,

after a successful openafs client-installation and the following reboot, the
system seems not to create a service called "OpenAFS Client Service" or "IBM
AFS...". I already tried to turn off/on different options like freelance..
at the installation process, but it didnt help. Also I tried to create a
Windows service linked to afsd_service.exe - without any changes.
Double-click on the tray icon tells me the client isnt properly configured.
While configuring the client, it tries to stop the client service which
doesnt exist.

Any hints?

System: Windows XP fully patched.
OpenAFS Client: OpenAFSforWindows-1-3-6400, OpenAFSforWindows-1-3-6300

Thanks,
Janek R.