[OpenAFS] fileserver problem on 1.2.11 and SuSE 9.0

John Koyle jkoyle@rfpdepot.com
Wed, 26 May 2004 15:44:45 -0600

Lewis, Dave wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We recently installed the OpenAFS 1.2.11 server (compiled from source
> with --enable-transarc-paths) on a new SuSE 9.0 system
> (2.4.21-215-smp4G, 2 Xeon CPUs). We also have 2 AIX 4.3.3 servers
> running Transarc AFS 3.6. Fairly often (every day or so) we run into
> problems:
>
> 1. Files in volumes on the server seem to disappear
>    - eg, 'ls' on linux clients and on the new linux server lists
>      only some or none at all of the files in these volumes

Suse defaults to creating reiserfs formatted partitions - you aren't
using this for your client afs cache are you?  My understanding is that
reiserfs is fine for /vicepx partitions, but not the client's cache.

John