[OpenAFS] Re: Browsing AFS home directories in Linux window managers

Tim Carlson Tim Carlson <tim.carlson@pnl.gov>
Wed, 26 May 2004 14:27:27 -0700 (PDT)

> Am Mittwoch, 26. Mai 2004 18:10 schrieb Lukas Kubin:
> > I'm having troubles browsing home directories stored in AFS using KDE or
> > Gnome file managers. When browsing using shell or console browser - eg.
> > "mc", everything works. However, when browsing using "Konqueror" or
> > "Nautilus", I can only see the first level (root) of file hierarchy
> > inside my home. Anything bellow my home's root directory shows as empty.
> > Is there any known problem using AFS this way? Any solution to this?
>
> Get rid of famd.

Just another data point here. I have no problems using nautilus to
browse my entire AFS home directory while fam is running. I have Openafs
1.2.11 client on Linux Redhat AW 3.0 with all the latest patches. Server
box is Solaris with Transarc AFS.

rpm -qa | grep fam
fam-devel-2.6.8-9
fam-2.6.8-9