[OpenAFS] Status of Openafs on OSX

Matthew Cocker matt@cs.auckland.ac.nz
Thu, 27 May 2004 10:20:36 +1200

Hi

We have been running Openafs as a faculty storage solution for 3 years
now and have been asked to expand this service to a university wide
service. As part of this planning process I have to prepare a document
about the status of the different client systems. So far I have a good
handle on the state of windows and linux but Mac OSX 1.3.x seems to be a
real problem.

Well actually the cli and openafs seem to work fine but the
finder/openafs interaction seems to be causing our Mac users lots of
trouble.

Is there anyone using OSX 10.3.(>=3) and openafs and having a good
experience via finder?

Would a fake SMB share like windows make the OSX client less likely to
break everytime a new point version of OSX is released?

Cheers

Matt Cocker