[OpenAFS] Migration from Transarc AFS to OpenAFS

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Thu, 27 May 2004 11:58:55 -0400

Andrew Bacchi <bacchi@rpi.edu> writes:

>> Does this seem to be a workable plan ?  If not, what are the flaws ?  I will
>> have a separate test cell which I will use to make sure that I can install
>> and run a cell using OpenAFS.  Many thanks in advance.
>
> Your plan does sound very workable, whether you reuse N identity, or
> not.

The only potential drawback I can see is if you decide NOT to reuse
'N'.  If clients only know about A, B, and C, but 'N' is the syncsite,
the client wont be able to make any changes to the cell.  This may or
may not be an issue for you, but it's something to keep in mind.

-derek