[OpenAFS] Read-only issues

Derek Harkness dharknes@umd.umich.edu
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 11:53:40 -0500

--Apple-Mail-3-761736451

I'm a little confused.  Why does my home volume keep switching to
read-only, whenever I create a read-only replica of my root.cell?
Don't I need a replica of my root.cell?  What happens if I don't have a
replica and my the server hosting the root.cell goes down?  Do I loose
access to my entire AFS cell?  I thought the whole idea was that the
AFS client would automagically pick which volume to use based on how
the file was being accessed.  In other words it would automatically
switch from the read-only to the read-write volume when I open a file
with write access.

Thanks,
Derek

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious

--Apple-Mail-3-761736451
	name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-3-761736451--