[OpenAFS] Read-only issues

Derek Harkness dharknes@umd.umich.edu
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 13:16:51 -0500

--Apple-Mail-6-766727214

Correct I'm replicating my home volumes.  My solution to not having
read-write replication is just releasing the volumes every couple of
minutes or whenever they need to be released.  But if that isn't
possible or not recommended then AFS is really quite useless for user
home directories.  The whole we're moving to AFS was to offer fully
redundant home space, if a server crashed the rw volumes on would go
off-line and the users would switch to the read-only copies allowing
them to at least read the files.

Derek