Windows Power Management was Re: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.3.73

James Burns James Burns <jfburns@gmail.com>
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 07:21:20 -0500

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 21:15:06 -0500 (EST), Derrick J Brashear
<shadow@dementia.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, James Burns wrote:
>

> > Jeffrey,
> > Just to clarify, I was being purposefully vague because I was looking
> > for general information on bug reporting rather than actually trying
> > to report one. I did figure out some more information on this
> > so-called hanging, but I'm not sure if it's an AFS bug or a Microsoft
> > one. I found out that my cell (1.2.11 on Linux) was in some sort of
> > hung state. Attempts to access it via the Linux client returned
> > immediate connection timeout errors. In Windows however, attempting to
>
> And it went away when you switched to 1.3.73 on Windows? Yeah, uh, this
> sounds like the bug that will be fixed in 1.2.13... when I get some builds
> from binary builders.

Other problems with crashes after hibernation went away with 1.3.73 on
Windows. This "hanging" problem is with 1.3.73, but is actually a
problem with the server. It is in the same state again now after
moving two ~750 MB files from one volume to another (in the Linux
client). Speaking of binary builds, 1.2.13 would be nice. Are there
spec files / rpm builds / rpm build processes for anything in 1.3?
This hanging in 1.2.11 is pretty easy to reproduce (for me), I'd like
to see if it also exists in 1.3.73 or .74. I tried installing 1.3.x
from a source build and I couldn't get it to work with the previous
config files and placements from the rpm install even with
--enable-transarc-paths (or whatever the directive is).

-James