[OpenAFS] Bos server failure

Steve Devine sdevine@msu.edu
Mon, 08 Nov 2004 09:49:32 -0500

All,
Odd problem here.
I have a file server where the bos server has stopped. It still seems to
be serving files ok. vlserver is not running either.
The last time this happened I restarted bosserver and this started a
chain reaction of Salvaging that never actually stopped.
The best solution is a reboot but if the server will hold off till
tonight I would like to wait untill then .. classes are in full swing
right now.

SO here is my question .. can I remove SALVAGE.fs and start bosserver
thereby avoiding the salvage routine?
Or can I kill the fileserver processs one by one and then restart bosserver?

Or is this an invitation to more headaches.?

Also has anyone had any this happen to them?
Particulars :
Suse 9.0
OpenAFS 1.2.10
/sd

--
Steve Devine
Storage Systems

Baseball is ninety percent mental; the other half is physical.
- Yogi Berra