[OpenAFS] Server preferences (conf file, better algorithm)

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:28:59 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Jean-Marc Chaton wrote:

> How advanced is Derrick's BetterServerPreferences project:

Not. The description more or less matches something Arla has code for
(which may be enabled by default; I'm not sure)

The problem is in their case they round-robin among replicas making it
easy to determine what is closest, and we do not.