Re[2a]: [OpenAFS] afsd: Can't mount AFS on /afs(22)

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 13:44:24 -0500

Quoting Ron Croonenberg <ronc@depauw.edu>:

> >and copy any errors here?  If _THAT_ works, then it's purely a
> >configuration issue.
>
> The lib isn't loaded until I start the service.
>
> this is what I see :
>
> [root@neptune root]# service afs start
> Found libafs-2.4.21-4.EL-i686.mp.o from SymTable... Loading...
> Starting AFS services.....
> afsd: All AFS daemons started.
> afsd: Can't mount AFS on /afs(22)
> [root@neptune root]# lsmod | grep afs
> libafs-2.4.21-4.EL-i686.mp  566672   0
[snip]
> As I mentioned in my earlier e-mail, I just uninstalled/removed the 1.2.11
> rpm's
> and installed the 1.2.13 rpms. (and followed the instructions in the Linux
> quickstart guide.
> Should I have removed all afs directories too ?
> Or is there something else I can do ?

Well, first, you shouldn't have removed the 1.2.11 RPMs; you should have just
upgraded from the previous version to the new version.

The size of the CellServDB seems suspicious to me.  It's definitely not the
distributed version.  Make sure that ThisCell shows up in your CellServDB, and
that you've properly configured the cell's root.afs and root.cell volumes.

At this point it is 100% a configuration issue.  (I consider the
root.afs/root.cell setup "configuration" ;)

-derek