[OpenAFS] Vos move / vos remsite errors..

Lars Schimmer schimmer@cg.cs.tu-bs.de
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:58:59 +0100

Hi!

Two more problems from my site:
1. vos move wasn't successful here.
I have 1 volume with round about 90 gig data. A vos move from 1.3.73 to a 1.2.13
~ fileserver starts, works fine, and after ca. 60 gig data it breaks with a error:
Failed to move data for the volume 536871509
~   VOLSER:  Problems encountered in reading the dump file !
vos move: operation interrupted, cleanup in progress...
clear transaction contexts
move incomplete - attempt cleanup of target partition - no guarantee
cleanup complete - user verify desired result
A salvage of the partition on which the volume is on showed no errors.
So I had to cp -au all the data and not move the volume. And yes, I tried it for
|5 times.

2. vos remsite doesn't work like expected.
On my debian 1.3.73 version (Debian sarge, 1.3.73 experimental source deb,
Kernel 2.4.27) I run the fileserver and a few RO copies of volumes.
Now I want to move the HD from this server to another. Vos move doesn't work
with RO copies, so vos remsite server a, vos addsite server b.
Here the workflow:
vos listvol tetris
Total number of volumes on server tetris partition /vicepb: 12
CVS.readonly                      536871206 RO    1761781 K On-line
~ vos remsite tetris b CVS
Deleting the replication site for volume 536871205 ...Removed replication site
tetris /vicepb for volume CVS
schimmer@tetris:~ ! vos listvol tetris
Total number of volumes on server tetris partition /vicepb: 12
CVS.readonly                      536871206 RO    1761781 K On-line

Huuuu?
I deleted the replication site and right after that the replication of the
volume is still online?
But another:
schimmer@tetris:~ ! vos remsite tetris b CVS
This site is not a replication site
Error in vos remsite command.
VOLSER: illegal operation

Huu?
The RO copy is still there, but can't be removed? A salvage says everything is
OK and a syncvldb oder syncserv puts the RO copy back in use.
How can I delete the RO copy on this special Fileserver?

Thx & Cya
~ Lars
- --
Technische Universität Braunschweig, Institut für Computergraphik
Tel.: +49 531 391-2109            E-Mail: schimmer@cg.cs.tu-bs.de
PGP-Key-ID: 0xB87A0E03