[OpenAFS] drive mappings in Windows XP

Ron Croonenberg ronc@DePauw.edu
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:27:26 EST

Hello all,

I am still struggling with the windows client.

When I create a drive mapping in the AFS windows client (1.3.7400) this way :
Drive Letter: Drive K:
AFS Path: \afs\afs-2.csc.depauw.edu\home
submount: home

and then look in a dos window with "net use"  what that resulted in I see :
C:\>net use
New connections will be remembered.

Status       Local     Remote                    Network

             G:        \\DPU_FS1\MACLAB          NetWare Services
             H:        \\DPU_FS1\DOSLAB          NetWare Services
             I:        \\DPU_FS1\USER1\CLASSES   NetWare Services
OK           K:        \\afs\home                Microsoft Windows Network
             P:        \\DPU_FS2\USER2A\RONC     NetWare Services
             U:        \\DPU_FS2\USER2B\DEPAUW   NetWare Services
             W:        \\DPU_FS2\SYS\PUBLIC\NLS  NetWare Services
             X:        \\DPU_FS2\SYS\PUBLIC      NetWare Services
             Y:        \\DPU_FS1\SYS\PUBLIC      NetWare Services
             Z:        \\DPU_FS1\SYS             NetWare Services
OK                     \\afs\all                 Microsoft Windows Network
The command completed successfully.

But in the  "remote" column it should say \\afs\afs-2.csc.depauw.edu\home  or
not ?

thanks,

Ron

1879:
     Thomas Edison gets an idea, and his brother Timmy says,
     "Hey, what's that thing over your head?
 Ron Croonenberg               | Phone: 1 765 658 4761
 Technology Coordinator        | Fax:   1 765 658 4732

 Department of ComputerScience | e-mail : ronc@DePauw.edu
 DePauw University             |
 Julian Science & Math Center  |
 602 South College Ave.        |