[OpenAFS] Vos move / vos remsite errors..

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:00:40 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Lars Schimmer wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Two more problems from my site:
> 1. vos move wasn't successful here.
> I have 1 volume with round about 90 gig data. A vos move from 1.3.73 to a
> 1.2.13
> ~ fileserver starts, works fine, and after ca. 60 gig data it breaks with a
> error:

have any 2gb files in there? you can't move those to a 1.2.13 server.
otherwise, i don't know.

> 2. vos remsite doesn't work like expected.
> On my debian 1.3.73 version (Debian sarge, 1.3.73 experimental source deb,
> Kernel 2.4.27) I run the fileserver and a few RO copies of volumes.
> Now I want to move the HD from this server to another. Vos move doesn't work
> with RO copies, so vos remsite server a, vos addsite server b.
> Here the workflow:
> vos listvol tetris
> Total number of volumes on server tetris partition /vicepb: 12
> CVS.readonly                      536871206 RO    1761781 K On-line
> ~ vos remsite tetris b CVS
> Deleting the replication site for volume 536871205 ...Removed replication
> site
> tetris /vicepb for volume CVS
> schimmer@tetris:~ ! vos listvol tetris
> Total number of volumes on server tetris partition /vicepb: 12
> CVS.readonly                      536871206 RO    1761781 K On-line

vos remsite only acts on a vldb. this is correct.
vos remove, or use vos zap after vos remsite.

it always worked like this, too.