[OpenAFS] Panic under MacOS 10.3.6 with OpenAFS-1.2.13

Garance A Drosihn drosih@rpi.edu
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 22:22:44 -0500

At 9:08 PM -0500 11/18/04, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
>On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
>
>>As it was getting installed on various file servers, I started
>>noticing that *some* references into AFS space from my Mac would
>>hang for 56 seconds.  Once I got past one hang, any accesses would
>
>56 seconds is timing out a fileserver completely.

I forgot to mention:   After I upgraded to the new version, all those
56-second hangs went away.  So, upgrading to the new version did solve
the problem I was hoping it would solve.

>>So, I figured I might as well upgrade my Mac
>>to 1.2.13.  Now, I seem to get panics when I save a file which I
>>am editing in the XCode 1.5 application.
>
>It's probably going to be a week or so before I can look into this;
>I did reproduce it at least once myself. If PearPC were faster (and
>if I had media with me) I'd try to reproduce it on the road, but...

Wow.  That would be more pain than anyone should go through!  :-)

As for me, I can easily work around this for a week or two.  What I
do for some non-AFS machines is I edit files locally, and then 'scp'
them into place on the remote machine.  I can obviously do that for
AFS files, too.  Thanks.