[OpenAFS] PTS groups

Matthew Cocker matt@cs.auckland.ac.nz
Wed, 01 Dec 2004 12:52:35 +1300

Derek Atkins wrote:

> Matthew Cocker <matt@cs.auckland.ac.nz> writes:

>>If there is no work around we could use group of group structures
>>later when they are in the stable version of AFS and/or we can break
>>up the 400 large groups that are actually needed.
>

> How large are your groups?

We have ~10K groups of which 400 are over 1000 members. These large
groups range from 1000 to ~50k. We have started looking at the groups in
detail and can probably reduce the problem set down to about 200 groups.
The problem is some of these large groups are really useful such as
everyone enrolled in an academic program (total and by level) etc.

In the end we will probably just break the groups up into subgroups and
us the subgroups in acls until we have supergroups available.

Thanks Matt