[OpenAFS] fileserver callback tieup

Rolandas Naujikas rolnas@takas.lt
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 21:20:21 +0300

Hello,

I'm having problems also on Solaris 9 (Sparc) with OpenAFS 1.2.11
(binaries from openafs.org). I have unresponsible fileserver process
(eating all one of CPU time) and sending UDP packets storm to some IP
address (like server_IP:7000 -> fixed_non_local_IP:some_port) taking all
Internet connection (100Mbps).
After bos restart -all it takes 1800s for nothing, after bosserver kills
(with -9) fileserver and restarts it with salvage).

I dont know, how to debug situation if it rise another time (it's
critical, to work this, because students access files on AFS).

Rolandas

P.S. The same problem was on FreeBSD 4.10 with custom compiled OpenAFS
1.2.11 fileserver, and I moved all volumes to Solaris server.