[OpenAFS] Inquiry: Backing up OpenAFS with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM)

Robert Petkus rpetkus@bnl.gov
Fri, 08 Oct 2004 09:42:19 -0400

I am backing up OpenAFS on Solaris to TSM.  I first applied Rainer
Toebbicke's patch to the OpenAFS source then ran configure with this
flag:  --enable-tivoli-tsm

Cheers,
Robert Petkus

Here is Rainer's patch:

--------------070505090601000303090307
*** butc_xbsa.c.orig	Thu Jul 12 21:58:28 2001
--- butc_xbsa.c	Fri Aug 22 15:53:15 2003
***************
*** 216,223 ****
  {
      char envStrs[XBSA_NUM_ENV_STRS][BSA_MAX_DESC];
      char *envP[XBSA_NUM_ENV_STRS + 1];
!     char *ADSMMaxObject = "MAXOBJ=";
!     char *ADSMServer = "DSMSRVR=";
      char *tempStrPtr;
      int i;
      int rc;
--- 216,223 ----
  {
      char envStrs[XBSA_NUM_ENV_STRS][BSA_MAX_DESC];
      char *envP[XBSA_NUM_ENV_STRS + 1];
!     char *ADSMMaxObject = "TSMMAXOBJ=";
!     char *ADSMServer = "TSMSRVR=";
      char *tempStrPtr;
      int i;
      int rc;
***************
*** 261,266 ****
--- 261,267 ----
  	    tempStrPtr=tempStrPtr + strlen(ADSMServer);
  	    strcat(tempStrPtr, serverName);
  	    envP[1] = NULL;
+ 	    envP[0] = NULL;	/* Hack for TSM V5 */
  	} else {
  	    envP[0] = NULL;
  	    ELog(0,"xbsa_Initialize: The serverName was not specified\n");
*** 324,329 ****
--- 325,332 ----
  	xbsa_error(rc, info);
  	return(BUTX_GETENVFAIL);
      }
+
+ info->maxObjects = 255; /* Hack for ADSM V5: unclear what this actually means... */

      switch (XBSA_GET_SERVER_TYPE(info->serverType)) {
        case XBSA_SERVER_TYPE_ADSM :