[OpenAFS] Inquiry: Backing up OpenAFS with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM)

Jimmy Engelbrecht jimmy@kth.se
09 Oct 2004 19:23:27 +0200

Christopher Odenbach <odenbach@zitmail.uni-paderborn.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> at the University of Paderborn we are using OpenAFS on linux servers and
> Tivoli on a Solaris Box. We would like to backup our AFS space with tivoli,
> but unfortunately up to now IBM has only released an IBM AFS client for IBM
> AIX.
>
> I am actually in contact with IBM and have asked whether it would be possible
> to release a client for OpenAFS (on linux or solaris). As this does not seem
> to be too easy IBM wants to know if anybody else would be interested in such
> a connector.

We have the same seup Linux AFS-servers and Solaris TSM-server.

We are very intressted in a product from IBM that would backup my
AFS-cell in a more supported way.

Right now we do full and incementel volume-dumps which we archive into
TSM, its all homegrown perl. You can have it if you want it ...

/Jimmy