[OpenAFS] Use SuSE's Directory System?

Marco Spatz marco.spatz@icido.de
07 Sep 2004 17:14:41 +0200

Hi,

I am using a SuSE Linux 8.2 machine and installed an openAFS server and
client on it using the rpms distributed (openafs-1.2.8). Everthing went
fine. My second machine is a SuSE 8.1 PC, and there I installed OpenAFS
from source (no rpm's available), using the transarc-paths option.
During test I phase I found those notes, that I'll have to use
openafs-1.2.11 these days (the 2^30 bug).
Now I wondered if there are any ./configure - options to change the
directories the files are going to (I don't want to setup my SuSE 8.2
machiene again) like SuSE does.
I know how to handle the binaries (--PREFIX= I think), but how to tell
./configure where to put the log, the etc files and the kernel modules.

Hope someone knows.
Thanks for your help

Bye,
Marco