[OpenAFS] CONFIG_ROOT_AFS or Equivilent?

Dan Field dof@llgc.org.uk
Tue, 07 Sep 2004 12:24:37 +0100

I'm trying to find an alternative to NFS for diskless booting linux
workstations (LTSP). We're looking at adding a few more servers into the
mix and load ballancing them by clustering the servers with OpenMosix.
We'd also like NFS redundancy for the read-only root filesystems and
this is where I found pointers to AFS. I can't however find any
reference to kernel support for root filesystems over AFS. Is it
possible? or have I missed the point entirely here?

Any help, much appreciated.

Cheers

--
Dan Field <dof@llgc.org.uk>
Support Programmer: Cymru ar y we / Wales on the Web