[OpenAFS] clarification on client caches

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 21:19:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Da Elf wrote:

> =:>> Yes. And even if you resize the cache, it still does. File references are
> =:>> established at afs startup. Making new ones later is "hard".
>
> The Cache size is set in software before you start the Volume Server ...
> inside bos.cfg

not for unix....

> =:There is a maximum (chunk) size, yes, but it is not a hard limit on the
> =:file size, it is enforced in software.
>

> Yes, set up the VolSrv correctly. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS use at LEAST three
> times the cache you think youre going to need.

uh, what does "VolSrv" have to do with anything?

I think you're confusing volume headers (/vicepX/V00000000000.vol) files
with the ones we mean: /usr/vice/cache/D0/V1