[OpenAFS] clarification on client caches

Wes Chow wes@woahnelly.net
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 11:09:56 -0400

> May have been covered elsewhere in thread and if so oh well:  are you
> filling the cache until it purges?  I.e. did you initialize a 50 GB
> cache (in which case a huge number of Vfiles are created and you have to
> be careful, at the least, with # of inodes on cache partition); or, did
> you initialize and 50 GB cache and write into it until the cache begins
> to purge?

I haven't filled the cache until it purges yet.  Since this is still a
testing setup, we don't have 50 gigs worth of data on AFS to test
with... (I'm copying files over right now)

> If you've fully populated a 50GB cache and the consequent cache purging
> doesn't cause the AFS client to go catatonic, I'd be very interested in
> knowing.

I'll let you know what I find out...

Wes

--
http://www.woahnelly.net/~wes/          OpenPGP key = 0xA5CA6644
fingerprint = FDE5 21D8 9D8B 386F 128F  DF52 3F52 D582 A5CA 6644