[OpenAFS] Re: avoid writing temporary files to the server

Juan Carlos Schroeder jcsc@adinet.com.uy
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:07:44 -0300

Well, I tried the "fs storebehind" for all files in Linux (OpenAFS 1.2.11,
RedHat8) and it didn't improve performance. Does it work?
It is really painful to use the application like this because each time I
save the 200KB file it takes about a minute and a half to save it to the
server (apparently the protocol used by AFS has also a quite low
performance) because I'm using low bandwidth connections (64Kbps).

Regards,
Juan Carlos