[OpenAFS] 2 problems for me newbie...

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:34:18 +0200

On Sep 16, 2004, at 10:56 AM, Lars Schimmer wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm new to this list and start with 2 questions:
> 1. Has anyone compiled OpenAFS 1.3.70 for debian sarge with the 2.6.8
> kernel? For me it breaks with error 2 and a lot of error output while
> the compile run.
> 2. Is it possible in OpenAFS 1.3.70 to release all volumes under a
> "root" volume in one bosserver-command?
> E.G. volume home and under this "home" volume 500 volumes, each user
> one
> volume. Now I want to release ALL these 500 volumes with one command,
> but "vos release home.*" doesn't work. Yes, these 500 volumes are all
> named home.XYZ , so this could be easy.
> Right now i release them by hand, klog admin and then for i in.... do
> vos release home.$i...

actually you got it ... 'release' is a vos command which means the
bosserver isn't responsible.

I'm not sure what you mean by the term 'under a root volume'. It's
quite a contradiction to your example. If you mean mountpoints, that
isn't possible without any scripting on one client since the server
knows little about the organization of your mountpoints.

It would be nice if you specify your 'i in ... do' a little.

Horst