[OpenAFS] 2 problems for me newbie...

Lars Schimmer schimmer@cg.cs.tu-bs.de
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:01:53 +0200

Horst Birthelmer wrote:

|> 2. Is it possible in OpenAFS 1.3.70 to release all volumes under a
|> "root" volume in one bosserver-command?
|> E.G. volume home and under this "home" volume 500 volumes, each user one
|> volume. Now I want to release ALL these 500 volumes with one command,
|> but "vos release home.*" doesn't work. Yes, these 500 volumes are all
|> named home.XYZ , so this could be easy.
|> Right now i release them by hand, klog admin and then for i in.... do
|> vos release home.$i...
|

| actually you got it ... 'release' is a vos command which means the
| bosserver isn't responsible.
|

| I'm not sure what you mean by the term 'under a root volume'. It's quite
| a contradiction to your example. If you mean mountpoints, that isn't
| possible without any scripting on one client since the server knows
| little about the organization of your mountpoints.
|
| It would be nice if you specify your 'i in ... do' a little.

Yes, your right at all, more or less.
Lets see my volumes:
home
home.usera
home.userb
home.userc
home.userd

And I want to release ALL volumes home.* in one command. Not by hand, it
should run automatic.
I know I can set up a command in bosserver to run automatic like cron,
but I haven't found anything about RegEx, placeholders or wildcards in
the vos release command.
It would be nice for me if vos release home.* does the same like:
~ for i in `ls /afs/cell/home/`;do vos release -id home.$i; done

| Horst

Cya
Lars
- --
Technische Universität Braunschweig, Institut für Computergraphik
Tel.: +49 531 391-2109            E-Mail: schimmer@cg.cs.tu-bs.de
PGP-Key-ID: 0xB87A0E03