[OpenAFS] 2 problems for me newbie...

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:32:56 +0200

On Sep 16, 2004, at 1:01 PM, Lars Schimmer wrote:

> Yes, your right at all, more or less.
> Lets see my volumes:
> home
> home.usera
> home.userb
> home.userc
> home.userd
>
> And I want to release ALL volumes home.* in one command. Not by hand,
> it
> should run automatic.
> I know I can set up a command in bosserver to run automatic like cron,
> but I haven't found anything about RegEx, placeholders or wildcards in
> the vos release command.

You can do that with more or less effort in the bosserver, yes, but
that's not intended (or should I say recommended ;-) ) that way.
The 'Overseer Server' is for keeping your servers alive and running.

> It would be nice for me if vos release home.* does the same like:
> ~ for i in `ls /afs/cell/home/`;do vos release -id home.$i; done

That is completely specific to your environment!!!

Such a thing will "never" make it into OpenAFS. (I said that about a
lot of things ;-) )
It assumes that your volumes are mounted with the latter part of the
volume name.

If you need that, use a script.... and actually, you already do :-))

Horst