[OpenAFS] 2 problems for me newbie...

Dexter 'Kim' Kimball dhk@ccre.com
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 10:02:38 -0600

Actually, no, the "-showmounts" argument does not cause the fileserver to be
shut down.  It's a read operation and makes no changes, so there's no need.
Many cells use it to build a mount point map.

Daily cron is fine.  It'll spin the disks the vicep's are mounted on so if
you're fileservers are near saturation you'll want to run it in off times.

Kim