[OpenAFS] Douumentation project

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:51:59 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C49F19.01687C00

I have basic pdf to Tex conversions done.

The good news is that xdvi previews look like the original documents. The
character sense and typeface is well preserved, there are no typos that are
immediately obvious.

The bad news is that AbiWord does a pretty poor job of parsing.

I.e. every line is polluted with redundant flushlefts and font callouts
like:

\begin{flushleft}
{\small To remove a user account}
 \end{flushleft}
What is needed is a perl script to clean up the initial conversions, at
least to the point that \chapter \section commands can be manually inserted
by me.
Any volunteers?
The other option is to use the xml output from Adobe, but someone will have
to write a DTD, if I understand things correctly.
Samples are available on request.
tedc

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C49F19.01687C00

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.5.7036.0">
<TITLE>Douumentation project</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I have basic pdf to Tex conversions =
done.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The good news is that xdvi previews =
look like the original documents. The character sense and typeface is =
well preserved, there are no typos that are immediately =
obvious.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The bad news is that AbiWord does a =
pretty poor job of parsing.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I.e. every line is polluted with =
redundant flushlefts and font callouts like:</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">\begin{flushleft} </FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">{\small To remove a user =
account}</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">&nbsp;\end{flushleft}</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">What is needed is a perl script to =
clean up the initial conversions, at least to the point that \chapter =
\section commands can be manually inserted by me.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Any volunteers?</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The other option is to use the xml =
output from Adobe, but someone will have to write a DTD, if I understand =
things correctly.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Samples are available on =
request.</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">tedc</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C49F19.01687C00--