[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.3.71 and MIT for Windows 2.6.5

Mike Dopheide dopheide@ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:09:29 -0500 (CDT)

> KTC_NOCELL means that the specified cell could not be found in either
> the CellServDB file or within DNS.

That confuses me.  I'm in the 'ncsa.uiuc.edu' cell which is part of your
distributed CellServDB file.  It would seem to me that I wouldn't be
able to get tokens at all if it couldn't find the cell.   Also, I can
browse the AFS filesystem just fine as long as I'm viewing public files.

> What is the name of the Kerberos realm from which you are attempting
> to obtain AFS tokens with?

NCSA.EDU.

> What is the name of the cell you are attempting to obtain AFS tokens for?

ncsa.uiuc.edu.  Yup, that's right, they don't match.  :)  We're using
NRL's patches that allow different names.

> This is a kauth error which means that KFW is not being used by
> afscreds.exe to attempt to obtain tokens.
>
> Reasons KFW would not be used:
> (1) you have more then one set of Kerberos libraries in your PATH and
>      KFW 2.6.5 libraries are not the ones being used by OpenAFS
> (2) you have disabled KFW support in the registry (see registry.txt)

Excellent, #1 was the cause of that error.  Now with the OpenAFS client
I can get a token directly.  Unfortunately, I'm still getting the
permission denied errors when trying to access my files.

-Mike