[OpenAFS] Re: Questions about openafs 1.3.X

Andrew Dumaresq Andrew Dumaresq <dumaresq@gmail.com>
Fri, 1 Apr 2005 23:06:28 -0400

Well, I didn't get any answers but I did solve all of my problems here
so I thought I would answer them incase anyone else wants to know.

1)=09You can mix AFS version with no problems my AFS file server and db
server are 1.2.13 and my clients are 1.3.80.
2)=09Build afs-krb5-2.0.  This does not build cleaning but you only need
aklog and asetkey which can be built with some hacking.
3)=09See number 2
4)=09See number 2.

Well I guess that solves those problems.  I haven't managed to get
tokens on login yet with 1.3.80, I tried to use the sources from the
PAM module that Debian uses with afs-1.2, it compiles fine but fails
to get the tokens on login.   I also found out that the pam_krb5
package from sourceforge should be able to get the AFS tokens, but
when I build this I get errors when the system tries to load the
module at login time.  I'll post the solution once I find it =EF=81=8A