[OpenAFS] newbie admin question

jdisher@parad.net jdisher@parad.net
Sun, 3 Apr 2005 00:39:46 -0800 (PST)

This is probably a question answered in the documentation, but I've been
Googling and looking through the docs for a few hours now with no love.
Hopefully someone has the quick seven-command answer for me.

I have two fileservers, identically configured running Linux.  Both are 16
disk machines with 3Ware 3w9500-8 hardware raid cards, configured as 1.0TB
RAID10 arrays.  Their filesystems are laid out as such:

sfs0 root # df -h
/dev/sda2             3.8G  1.8G  2.1G  47% /
none                  2.0G     0  2.0G   0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda3             913G   32K  913G   1% /vicepa
/dev/sdb3             913G   32K  913G   1% /vicepb

What I would like is for all 4 of the data partitions (sfs0:/vicepa,
sfs0:/vicepb, sfs1:/vicepa, sfs1:/vicepb) to be part of one distributed
afs volume (so I can mount it as, say, /data on my client servers).  I've
not found what is needed to add additional partitions to a volume.

Thanks for the help.

-j