[OpenAFS] Is /vicepa really mandatory on afs clients?

Craig Cook craig@cookitservices.com
Tue, 05 Apr 2005 10:42:15 -0500

In the IBM docs for creating a client it contains this:

Create a directory called /vicepxx for each AFS server partition you are co=
nfiguring (there must be at least one). Repeat the command for each partiti=
on.

   # mkdir /vicepxx

Does there really need to be at least one /vicepa partition?  I am looking =
to setup an afs client only...  If each afs server has /vicepa shared, it w=
ould imply every afs box has to share some of its disk space.

Is there a minimum size /vicepa must be?  Can I make it 50 meg and everythi=
ng still work?

(I am using 1.2.13 for Solaris)

I have things working where I have access to my home dir from two servers, =
now adding a third into the mix.

Thanks

Craig Cook
--
Systems Monitoring Consulting and Support Services
http://www.cookitservices.com