[OpenAFS] Is /vicepa really mandatory on afs clients?

Sandesh V Chopdekar sandesh_vc@in.ibm.com
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 11:49:00 -0400

   /vicepa is not needed for clients - it is used by AFS fileservers.

>> Is there a minimum size /vicepa must be?  Can I make it 50 meg and
everything still work?
I don't know, but 50 meg is too less for a server. Though depends on
    the amount of data, that you want to put on it.
    But I guess, it would still work.

Thanks and  Regards,
 Sandesh

             "Craig Cook"
             <craig@cookitserv
             ices.com>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  openafs-info@openafs.org
             openafs-info-admi                                          cc
             n@openafs.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [OpenAFS] Is /vicepa really
             04/05/2005 11:42          mandatory on afs clients?
             AM

In the IBM docs for creating a client it contains this:

Create a directory called /vicepxx for each AFS server partition you are
configuring (there must be at least one). Repeat the command for each
partition.

   # mkdir /vicepxx

Does there really need to be at least one /vicepa partition?  I am looking
to setup an afs client only...  If each afs server has /vicepa shared, it
would imply every afs box has to share some of its disk space.

Is there a minimum size /vicepa must be?  Can I make it 50 meg and
everything still work?

(I am using 1.2.13 for Solaris)

I have things working where I have access to my home dir from two servers,
now adding a third into the mix.

Thanks

Craig Cook
--
Systems Monitoring Consulting and Support Services
http://www.cookitservices.com