[OpenAFS] lost connection error

Derek Harkness dharknes@umd.umich.edu
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 16:54:00 -0400

--Apple-Mail-1--864229572

I seem to get a lot of these error in my log files, my question is why?
  I have three afs db/file servers two of which are on the same physical
gigabit switch as my client the other is on a separate gigabit subnet.
None of the servers are multi-homed and are running 1.2.13 on debian
stable, kernel 2.4.27.  Most of the clients are also debian stable, afs
1.2.13 on the 2.4.27 kernel.  Although this doesn't appear to cause any
problems, I'm wondering if it could be related to some strangeness I've
seen in my cell.  Or if there is a tuning option I look at to reduce or
eliminate these.

afs: Lost contact with file server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx in cell
umd.umich.edu (all multi-homed ip addresses down for the server)
afs: Lost contact with file server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx in cell
umd.umich.edu (all multi-homed ip addresses down for the server)
afs: file server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx in cell umd.umich.edu is back up
(multi-homed address; other same-host interfaces may still be down)
afs: file server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx in cell umd.umich.edu is back up
(multi-homed address; other same-host interfaces may still be down)

Thanks,
Derek

--Apple-Mail-1--864229572
	name=PGP.sig